Saturday, May 3, 2014

Review: Set Ablaze (Uniform Encounters #1) & Arresting Behaviour (Uniform Encounters #2) by Morticia Knight

Set Ablaze (Uniform Encounters Book 1)


Blurb:
Hunky fire chief Eric is out of the closet after twenty years of marriage. Can he find true love, or will a spate of arson fires destroy his chances with Tom, the sexy young fire-fighter?

Eric is a fire chief in Mesa, Arizona where he's lived all his life. A hunky Norse god like man, he has finally come out of the closet after twenty years of marriage. Now his wife hates him, his son won't speak to him, a town crazy wants him fired, and there's a rash of arson fires destroying some of the beautiful historic homes in the area. To let off steam, he's been tempted to explore his long repressed sexuality with his son's twenty-year old friend. 

Tom, a twenty-eight year- old fire-fighter from Texas, is desperate to get away from his dad's prejudice about his sexuality, and an unstable relationship that just recently ended. He takes a temporary position in Mesa where he sets eyes on the most gorgeous male specimen he's ever seen in the form of the fire chief, Eric Anderson. Convinced the chief is straight, he accidentally catches him one night with a young guy, and is now determined to let the chief know he's interested. 

Eric is adamant that they can only be friends, even though he finds the sweet young Tom adorable. The pressures on Eric increase as his ex-wife becomes a suspect, and the town crazy tries to blame the arson fires on him. Will he allow himself to find real love with the sexy Tom, or will his world be destroyed by all of the city's accusations and his family's lack of acceptance. 

My Thoughts: 
I was really excited to start this book. I mean, two really hot firemen, what's not to like? Once I got started reading I was sucked in immediately and it was very hard to put down. I was really intrigued by the town of Mesa too, some of the townsfolk were really aggravating and others I want to know more about.

Eric is the fire chief and has just recently come out of the closet. He is struggling with the blow back of his decision and how it effects his life, on top of that there is a string of arson fires and he is trying to help keep the townsfolk calm as well as find the culprit. Then Tom walks into his life. Tom is a new firefighter that is filling in for one of Eric's crew that is out on temporary medical leave. Tom has an instant attraction to the older man and is afraid of messing it up.

While this story does have a case of insta-love that did not take away from the story for me. Some readers do have an issue with this but I know from experience it can and does happen. In a weeks time Tom and Eric have developed very strong feelings for one another I think this is beautiful and magic.

I was really shocked when I found out who the culprit was in regards to the arsonist. I had my suspicions but I was pretty far off. I think this story deserves to be read, it has romance as well as the whole mysterious "who-done-it" and did I mention the sexy fire-fighters? Both Eric and Tom were lovable guys and I was so pleased with their story. I am new to Morticia Knights writing, but I was definitely impressed!

Rating: 5*

Add to Goodreads

Book Buy Links: 

Totally Bound



Arresting Behaviour (Uniform Encounters Book2)


Blurb:
Native American Quinn and Detective Jake come from two opposing worlds. But when opposites attract, the result is explosive. 

The Bondage Butcher has just claimed his third victim, and newly promoted homicide detective Jake Guitierrez is anxious to speak to the one man that has been intimate with all three victims-Quinn Verdugo. 

The reclusive and mysterious artist and poet stays just out of Jake's grasp, until one night when they catch him trespassing at his ancestor's ancient ruins.

Quinn is devastated by the recent murders, and for the men he once dallied with. Not trusting his heart to anyone since a cruel rejection in his teens, he trusts the police department of Mesa, Arizona even less. He is determined to find the bastard who is committing these gruesome murders, and take care of things himself.

When Jake and Quinn finally meet face to face in the interrogation room, both men are startled at the direction things take. Agreeing to work together, they have no idea the dangers they have yet to face. But what is more dangerous - the murderer, or the spark that has been created between the two very combustible men? 

My Thoughts:
I really wasn't sure if I could possibly like this one more than book one, but I did! I just loved Jake and Quinn together. The book starts off with a murder and right away I was totally hooked! I was unable to put down my kindle for more than a few minutes at a time until the last word had been read.

Jake is a homicide detective that is assigned to a horrific serial killer. Quinn is the oh-so-sexy suspect that Jake is trying to hunt down. Thanks to a tip from one of Quinn's lovers, Jake finally gets to see the man in person. Boy oh boy, his photo does not do him justice and Jake ends up falling hook line and sinker. Of course this doesn't happen at first sight, but it is pretty close. Jake is torn between his feelings and his duty and Quinn is right there for him every step of the way.

I really think this story is fantastic. Yes, it does have the instant attraction and quick paced fall into love, but anything is possible and all it takes is an open mind. I couldn't get enough of these guys, I mean on one hand you have a man in uniform (read a super-hot homicide detective) and on the other you have an artist (read equally hot man straight off the reservation)! The sex between them was loving and explosive all at the same time and I couldn't get enough!

I have to say that I have another author to add to my list of favorites and I will have more reviews of Morticia Knight's books coming in the next few days.

Rating: 5*

Add to Goodreads

Book Buy Links:


Totally Bound 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will try to respond to all of you and if your a new follower leave me a link so I can follow back :-)