Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Review: A Lesser Evil by EM Lynley

Blurb: 
Blinded in a hate attack, painter Rowan McCall sells his soul to a demon to restore his sight, and his guardian angel's arrival may do more harm than good. 

Rowan McCall is about to start a new phase in his painting career with a one man show at a prestigious San Francisco art gallery. His moment of triumph is snatched away and Rowan's life changes forever. Left alone and suicidal, Rowan is determined to do anything to get his life back on track. He strikes a deal with an angel who's all too willing to help him. Then Rowan discovers Tur'el is anything but an angel- he's a demon. But he's just desperate enough to go ahead with the bargain. 

Zethan, Rowan's guardian angel, arrives too late. In order to save Rowan's soul, Zethan makes a deal of his own with Tur'el. With his sight restored and possessed by Tur'el Rowan searches for Zethan on Earth. 

Rowan is obsessed with capturing Zethan's angelic beauty on canvas. When he meets a mortal who embodies the same beauty, Tur'el and Rowan are overjoyed. But finding Zethan again may prove deadly for all of them. 

My Thoughts: 

This is a fairly short book. The blurb tells a lot, but I am so glad to have read this one and I think the cover is gorgeous. I have to admit that at the end of the book I was a bit confused as to what had happened so I had to re-read a few pages, but it was worth it.  I really enjoyed the writing. EM Lynley is fast on the way to my list of go to authors. While I did enjoy the characters I didn't get the connection I was hoping for until the end, then everything fell into place and I was left smiling. I think this story would be an excellent one for an afternoon or evening of reading.

Rating: 4 Stars

Buy it Now:

Totally Bound

Amazon:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will try to respond to all of you and if your a new follower leave me a link so I can follow back :-)