Saturday, May 24, 2014

Review: His Salvation by J.R Loveless

Blurb:
The ADA Chronicles: Book One

In an attempt to atone for his sins and find some solace, ADA Agent Gabriel Romero helps other Deviants in need. But with threats from both sides- Normals and the Deviants who despise them- he finds it harder and harder to outrun his ghosts, especially after a difficult mission to rescue twin brothers held at an enemy compound, where Gabriel meets Alexander Ryker. Gabriel finds his new charge unexpectedly attractive, and that's a complication he does not want- one he thinks he doesn't deserve. 

Despite the frosty reception from the stubborn agent who rescued him, sheltered telepath Alex feels an instant connection through the pain he sees in Gabriel's eyes, and he does everything he can to gain his attention. The realities he must face while mastering his ability are hard, but failing to learn to defend himself is not an option. Soon he'll need his new found strength to convince Gabriel he deserves to live and love again. 

My Thoughts:
I was extremely excited to read this book when I received it for review. I read the blurb and immediately thought hmmm, this could be something like X-Men and boy was I right! Once I got started reading I could not stop, I was literally up most of the night reading until I finished.

Gabriel leads a team of Deviants to rescue Alex and his brother from an enemy facility. What Gabriel is not expecting is the connection that he feels toward the beautiful young man. Alex on the other hand does everything he can to be as close as possible to Gabriel. While Alex is learning to use his powers and to shield his mind there are outside forces impacting the men.

I think His Salvation is the perfect blend of Action, Romance and of course it has a tortured hero so it pushed all of my buttons! The MC's have an undeniable chemistry that just threatens to light the pages on fire and is sure to keep you up burning the midnight oil. I can not recommend this book enough it definitely made it to my favorites list!

Rating: 5 Stars

Add to Goodreads

Book Buy Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will try to respond to all of you and if your a new follower leave me a link so I can follow back :-)