Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Release Day Review: The Cupcake Coven by Ashlyn Chase


Blurb:

Pretty Wiccan Rebecca Colby borrowed money from her father to start her bakery, and now he's calling the loan due. When she learns he fell off the gambling wagon and owes big money to some scary people, she has to start making a profit -quickly- and hope the loan shark takes payment plans before anyone has an "accident."

Hot Cowboy Dru Tanner is looking for his missing sister who left Texas to explore their New England Wiccan roots. She's the only family he has left and losing her is not an option. Dru has to hide the fact that he's not Wiccan long enough to infiltrate a Portsmouth, NH coven which is the only lead he has.

Dru needs a job and a place to stay. Rebecca needs cheap help, and he's willing to work for nothing. Perhaps he can pick her brain about Wicca and she can learn how to run a business from a ranch foreman- if lust doesn't drive them crazy first.

My Thoughts:

The perfect combination of mystery, paranormal and romance, not to mention the foodie aspect! Yes I love foodie books (books that have some sort of food somewhere at their center)! A bakery owned by a witch who's father has some big meanie's after him...what's not to like?

Dru sort of just falls into Rebecca's life and it is definitely a great match. They are able to help each other in so many ways and the chemistry between them is fantastic. I love the sound of the recipes and confections that Rebecca cooks up in the bakery, all of them made me hungry! Some of the parts where Dru was searching for his sister kept me on the edge of my seat while at other times I found myself laughing out loud.

This was the best combination of some of my favorite things in paranormal romance. Add to that, that Dru is a cowboy and I was all set! Ashlyn Chase has outdone herself with this one, and the cover is just perfect. I love the drawn covers like this one, it really fits the story!

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a story that will keep you interested, make you smile and at the same time have you wondering "what happened".

**I received this book for review but that has in no way effected my opinion.**

Rating: 5 Stars

Book Buy Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will try to respond to all of you and if your a new follower leave me a link so I can follow back :-)