Friday, April 25, 2014

Review: Forever is Now (Shooting Stars #1) by Kimber Vale


Blurb:
If you love someone, set him free. If he steals something of yours, hunt him down and make him sorry.

Alex Breman is over Chance Ralen. Ever since his high school boyfriend ditched him nine years ago, Alex has barely thought of Chance at all. Sure, Alex attended a concert or two when his ex's band, Armageddon Showdown, was in the area, but that was more curiosity than anything else. Who wouldn't want to see firsthand how his once clean-cut boyfriend transformed into a pierced and tattooed heavy metal god?

But when Chance has the nerve to record a love song Alex wrote for him years ago, Alex crosses the country to confront him. Revenge becomes a dish best served sizzling hot. The two men lock horns, but find the chemistry between them has only intensified with time, and occasionally love needs to do some growing up before it can be done right. 

My Thoughts:

** I recieved this book free for review from the author through the DBML (Don't Buy My Love) program in the M/M Romance Group on Goodreads.**

I am going to start with the cover because that was what really drew me to this book. I love the way the colors just blend into one another, yet it doesn't take away from the images. It has just the right amount of sexy on it too. Once I opened it up I was completely enthralled.
I could not believe that it took Alex and Chance over nine years to finally make contact again, but seeing how they were separated it isn't that much of a shock. Once they met again the sparks sure did fly. I thought Chance made a few dickhead moves, but that is to be expected from a character that is so deeply closeted. I loved both of these guys. Alex is forgiving and yet stubborn, Chance is remorseful and determined. Both men are sexy as hell and their story is one that just must be read.
I read this book in one sitting and just could not get enough. I wanted to read their happy ending so bad I had to finish once I started. The passion and love between Alex and Chance is one that never faded, it is a true tale of high school sweethearts finally seeing a future together and taking the right steps toward it after a failed attempt at separation.
I very highly recommend this story and if this is what we can expect from Kimber Vale then I will definitely be on the lookout for more of her work.

Rating: 5*

Add this book to Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will try to respond to all of you and if your a new follower leave me a link so I can follow back :-)